Post #4. Interaction

Based on Merriam-Websterā€™s definition of interaction we know if objects or events have mutual influence, then these things have interaction. Interaction is positive for the learnerā€™s study. Because our group course is about mural painting, I found out an interactive painting video on YouTube. This video called ā€œJosef Albers Interaction of Color ā€“ Op art and relative colorā€. When I first looked at the title, the word ā€˜colorā€™ caught my attention because Iā€™m doing the color theory activity for our group lesson. I understand the essence of color for painting. The application of the color wheel is the main process for color mixing. Thus, this video is quite useful and interactive. The You-Tuber introduces the op art and relative colors for painting. The purpose of this video is to improve learnerā€™s painting skills. He introduces the teacher Josef Albers who devotes himself to teach of the interaction of color. Then he starts to use a paintbrush to provide a sample of the op art movement. This video type of learning material can generate interaction without intervention. This video is a mixture of inherent and user-generated interaction. The author uses his painting to test whether learners capture the main concept of op art and encourage to use their own colors to do a opt art painting. Learners will follow his movements unconsciously to perform an op-art painting. Students who love art or painting will willing to capture the op art ideas and show their own reflection voluntarily.

Learning painting mostly is about doing hands-on activities. Thus, I would suggest learners to use a drawing board, paintbrushes, and palette to do a color painting exercise based on op art theory. The traditional color theory will develop their painting colors. As well, trying to use white(labels) with different colors to present op arts. After the work is done, learners can hang their painting on the classroom wall and set up an online meeting (Zoom) for review and getting feedback. I would prefer using an internet app. for feedback due to efficiency and safety. Free-exercise should be interesting and manageable. The only thing learners should consider is mixing their colors. This exercise shouldnā€™t be the scale for more students because painting requires quality and imagination rather than quantity. The only barrier for this exercise is learners may not truly understand op art. Therefore, providing several op-art learning resources ( video, article) is necessary.

Our group will consider and have interacted with our learners for our mural painting course.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/interaction

(Video Resource)

https://youtu.be/ZIVCeeB7NIE